Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary & Middle Schools
View Larger Map
8. A21 Academy
Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary & Middle Schools has two Winnipeg campuses. The Bedson Campus is located in the West part of St. James, and the Katherine Friesen Campus is located in Ft. Garry, just off University Crescent.
Most children join WMEMS in Kindergarten, plant their roots, and continue to grow with us. Many, however, join us along the way. Regardless of when your child joins our schools, you can rest assured that they receive the best possible education, safety and care in our nurturing environment. Features of our schools include:
- FULL or HALF day Kindergarten at both campuses. You can choose the option that suits your family’s needs and your child’s readiness to embark on their educational journey.
- A safe environment, where not only physical safety is a focus, but also emotional. Our staff genuinely care about the emotional growth and develpment of our students, and it shows!
- A tight-knit family of teachers, students, parents and community members. Our WMEMS family goes over and above to ensure the success of our students.
- Focus on Values, Faith, Education and Success. We believe that to become successful in life, students must learn first, to be good people. The foundation they learn in our schools will assist them as they have to make difficult life choices.
- Technology in the classroom. Our schools are equipped with up-to-date technology and we encourage the children to become critical thinkers and navigate with current technologies.
- On-site middle school at our Bedson campus. Being in a middle-school versus a junior high environment can be a positive way to transition a child into high school. It allows them to have more independence, but also provides a student-focused approach to learning rather than a course-focused approach typical of a junior high setting. This can help foster the emotional growth that can be so important during the pre-teen years.
- Opportunities for leadership. Our small class sizes and overall small student population allow students more opportunities to step up into leadership roles and receive individual attention from their teachers and school staff.
For more information about our schools, or to take a personal tour, please contact us at 204.885.1032.
|Religious Affiliation:||Christian, welcoming of all faiths|
|Day School Tuition:||$2,365 - $4,670|
|Financial Assistance:||One of our goals is to ensure that each child who wishes to attend one of our schools is able to. Each year families, community members, businesses, alumni and our parent associations donate to our Bursary Fund to ensure that all who apply are able to attend. Annually these combined groups contribute approximately $35 000.00 to our fund that supports children and families who wish to be educated in a Christian environment. WMEMS offers bursaries equal to a maximum of 50% of annual tuition to families who apply and qualify for assistance. If you are considering attending one of our schools, but are unsure of your ability to afford the costs of tuition please ensure that you contact your school office and speak to the principal. A copy of the Bursary Application Form is available for download at the bottom of the page. All questions and inquiries are confidential.|
|Application Deadline (Day):||Rolling|
|Application Requirements:||Apply online at wmems.ca|